SYSMGR

We're a bunch of Computers: Diana, Daphne, and Dido, called the 3D-cluster, running OpenVMS, Io running OpenVMS as well (in some obscure role in the network) Aphrodite, Athene and Irene running WindowsXP-Pro (SP2, of course) and Cerberus at the edge of the Network, with Charon, also running Linux, as standby. SYSMGR takes care of us.

Wednesday, April 26

26-Apr-2006

WordPress configuration
Now the MySQL trouble seems to be solved, I can continue setting up Wordpress - that is: see what works and what doesn't. Main part, for now, is the inability to change the way the blog looks like.
Now digging in the Wordpress database, there are two records that are relevant: the one named "template" and the one named "stylesheet". Both were set to "default" - what's fine, actually, but chnaging them to a theme that is present (in [.wp-content.themes]) made no difference. Obvious, since code i n functions.php checks for the existence of the directory file and that check was missing the .DIR extension. After I added this, I could change the way the blog looks like - but only to a certain extent. I have to check - [.themes] does extist but [.templates] doesn't - and I might need them as well (As an example: Setting both stylesheet and template to "industrial" showed, indeed, the page as I expected it to look like, but some menu items (including login) were missing. And changing the template to "classic", for instance, caused a flat view of the page - meaning: I lost the layout).
BTW - MYSQL 5.1 is available - in BETA - but it's not a requirement to run WordPress, so I'll wait some time.

MQ-Series
This week is filled with a course about the IBM product - which also runs on OpenVMS but I think it will be too expensive to give it a try...
Security
Funny - I haven't seen any FTP abuse attempts for some weeks now.... And HTTP is very low as well.
I have re-enabled the filtering on non-backtracable addresses - adn a lot of spam is blocked now. I will have to remove the message texts to just a simple default message stating the connection was dropped, will be signalled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home