SYSMGR

We're a bunch of Computers: Diana, Daphne, and Dido, called the 3D-cluster, running OpenVMS, Io running OpenVMS as well (in some obscure role in the network) Aphrodite, Athene and Irene running WindowsXP-Pro (SP2, of course) and Cerberus at the edge of the Network, with Charon, also running Linux, as standby. SYSMGR takes care of us.

Wednesday, October 4

04-Oct-2006

More PHP - and MySQL
Re-enabled PHPMYADMIN (which is, of course, behind a resticted web) but had some trouble in starting it up: Using WATCH it showed I might have to define ALL paths used - and forget about non-PHP stuff. Hard to believe! But with hints by Mark "WASD" Daniel I got it up and running.
Next, to access the MySQL database, I had to re-enable the MYSQL 4.0 madule I built before (since the HP-delevered one is built against MYSQL3). That failed as before, complaining it wasn't a PHP library, by chance - and I know it is since on SWS this worked. Digging through history (in here and elsewhere) found I had to define a few logicals to get it up and running.
Ok, so far so good - updated the startup procedure for that - and got the very same problem logging in:
#1273 - Unknown collation: 'utf8_unicode_ci'
How did I get passed that..... I know I have to change that in the URL, but to what? I forgot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home