SYSMGR

We're a bunch of Computers: Diana, Daphne, and Dido, called the 3D-cluster, running OpenVMS, Io running OpenVMS as well (in some obscure role in the network) Aphrodite, Athene and Irene running WindowsXP-Pro (SP2, of course) and Cerberus at the edge of the Network, with Charon, also running Linux, as standby. SYSMGR takes care of us.

Sunday, August 20

20-Aug-2006

WASD
is getting along. All webs are running - on port 82, so just locally - and the only thing needed was to copy files under APACHE$COMMON:[cgi-bin] to HT_ROOT:[cgi-bin] to get them working: because /cgi-bin/ refers to HT_ROOT:[cgi-bin], HT_ROOT:{axp-bin] - a searchlist in which there is no space for APACHE$COMMON:[cgi-bin]. Of course I could have added that in startup, but it's just a few so it really didn't matter.
(Searchlists? Yeah, that works under WASD!)
Another thing to be done other than I wanted was SOYMAIL - id did work but the "internals" didn't work as expected. Well, I wanted to install the latest version anyway - so I did so on WASD only. With some puzzling where to place mappings, it now works.
That all was easily found after I learned how to use th WATCH facility: real-time logging what the server is doing in processing the request - mapping, authorization, CGI and DCL execution, network actiovity - you name it: it can all be logged: in real time. That alone makes WASD worthwhile!
One more thing to do, and test it for a while, but I'm pretty sure WASD will be up and running in production shortly. But first find a way of handling the logfiles...
UPDATE
The one nasty oustanding issue has been solved - again, with some help by Mark Daniel and his great WATCH facility he built into WASD! One more thing to do: make everyting requiering authentication unless explicity supressed. But that's a matter of somewaht lower priority.
Abuse
Nothing weird but the usual SPAM and phishing attempts. No time to dig into them, alas.
CMS
I think I'll write my own CMS - using WASD's facilities. PHP packages would be possible but ig I can fgo for the fast, most efficient way, I don't think that's the route to take.
Multiple servers
I'm setting up a VMS box that will run all free webservers on VMS: OSU, SWS and WASD. All of them are running - and running fine, the only problem I faces now is that the CGI-program that delivers dynamic pages, produces no output on WASD...It works, but output is limited to 24 timnes 2 spaces. It must be someting in the Dibol program: using SMG for creen handling, perhaps? Something to dig into!
If time permist, there might be an article on this issue and all problems encountered, inclusing the trouble I had moving from SWS to WASD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home